English Language has become significant in our daily life. English is well known as an International Standard Language and it is very important for all of us to know. It’s the most widely used language nowadays. English is the type of language which has a different style of speaking and everybody has their own accent. Knowing English is a great advantage because it can be found in social life, education, technology etc. However learning English is not an easy part. It takes confidence, struggle and practice because this language has so many forms.

My personal experience with English was not that good because I was like a newborn and didn’t know how to speak English. It was very Challenging for me to learn English. Then I started watching English movies even though I don’t understand and read books. As the days were passing I was getting better at it but my English was very broken. However, I had a passion to learn English. Moreover, when I started going to School it was kind of tough because it’s hard for me to understand what the teacher was talking about. Then I started observing and translating words that I don’t understand. My goal was to get good at reading, listening, writing, speaking and grammar. It takes a lot of struggle and I know that overcoming it was the only option I had. I also knew that everybody is not perfect in everything but it’s just a matter of time when we all get better at it.

One thing to mention from “Mother tongue” is “I was told by my former boss that writing was my worst skill and I should hone my talents towards account management… But it wasn’t until 1985 that I finally began to write fiction” ( Page 3). I totally agree with this text because none of us are perfect in everything. It depends on how much effort you put on yourself to learn. We can’t let anyone down because as time goes anyone can get better.