This course is an Epermit course that I took at BMCC during Summer semester of 2021. This introductory level, interdisciplinary course explores the basic concepts and perspectives of Gender & Women’s Studies from an intersectional angle; that is, examining the ways in which gender intersects with race, ethnicity, nationality, class, sexuality, sexual identity, disability, and other categories. The concepts of gender – the roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a society considers appropriate for men and women – privilege and oppression, intersectionality, and feminist praxis will be at the core of this course. After a background in the history and significance of Gender & Women’s Studies as a field of study, you will learn to critically examine how institutionalized privilege and oppression shape individual lives and intersecting identity categories.

Syllabus

Final Project(s)

The following is a selection of my work that reflects the significance of Gender & Women Studies. These papers discuss a range of subjects that are explored in this podcast episode of films on gender identity. With these papers, I have attempted to understand these studies through writing in my best way.  

Final Assignment : Film Paper Critique Miss Representation
Podcast Reflection Paper
Reading Assignment