https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/spevackcomd3504sp24/2024/01/30/writing-portfolio/

ZEMI

PART 1

Lost, confused, sad, lonely, solo dolo, as the weeping continues the music from the inspirator calls you to listen to one of their songs to get lost in a void. Headphones are placed on ears, music streaming service is on and you hit play. Eyes close and the music takes over. Once the eyes open back up, you’re in the galaxy. While the music plays the stars twinkle to the music. The feeling of peace and numb to all pain while it’s pushed aside due to the mind drifting off into the light years away. A smile appears, the heart pumps slow, physically and mentally the body is floating to the cold air but yet it is so very peaceful away from reality. Feeling so bright, feelings so light, happiness.

PART 2

It’s either the start of the day or end of the night and the switches are off or turned off and your mind starts to think and race before you start your day and or before you go to bed. One word that kept being heard from a distance in the mind was “Positive”. We wake up and we try to sleep on a positive note. Sometimes it’s not easier being said than done. At Least we can say we tried and at least we can say we did not give up another day in life as yourself. Life goes on, emotions rise high and low. You just have to remember to stay positive even when it’s hard to.

PART 3

Happiness… haven’t felt this in a very long time. It’s been how long? A year and 2 months of pain until opening the eyes that see the light. It’s peaceful, it’s smiling, it’s floating. Space. Stars. Galactic universe. Planets. Silence. Chills, but good ones. No disturbance. Just peace. It feels like Heaven, maybe it is? But in real life? It’s fine, I’ll take this any day, any month, any light year.

PART 4

Not stuck but still in space, looking around, the feeling of the quiet cold air. Mind is blank but still feel free inside. Wandering, wanting to explore what else keeps the heart warm. Maybe the nebula ahead, the stars from far, or the planets and moon that are almost at a distance. Mind is still blank but thinking to see what comes up. Can super be the word? It feels like it, especially if you’ve been floating for the past hours with no suit and no oxygen but still have that ability to fly as if you had angel wings. I know for sure this isn’t an imagination but yet feels so imaginable. I guess these are views from dreams that you wished happened before but even when you’re at that right point in your life you’re just glad to see it all. Music doesn’t need to be played when you can just play it in your mind randomly now without a piece of tech in your hand. The galaxy is home but the universe is still a mystery.

PART 5

Black hole has been in eye sight, gravitating… sudden silence… and then… warped in. New universe, but still able to travel back to the original. Time to explore. Body is glowing, peace is flowing, and the stars are brighter but yet still further away. Nothing in sight at the moment. Eyes close, Mind starts to focus. All of a sudden, a galactic sound from a few light years away. Beyond is where you go. No solar system, just free galaxies all around. The closer you are the more the stars tend to blink at you as if they were greeting. Even closer now… It’s a planet, a planet colored like a nebula all around it. Lets call it Nebi. Flying towards, landing soon, this planet might be a dream come true. Front, side to side, behind, and slowly back to the front. Shadows like catches the 20 20. Now a small figure glistening from a distance but yet still far. A walking star? Can’t be, it’s shaped like me…

PART 6

Closer and closer… Energy, magic, emotions, inside of the body. Nothing but the same presence in a different vision of one another. “I can’t believe it”, I couldn’t either. Mirror like is what felt yet more real, physically front and center. Another you, another life, can the story be different? Felt like life in space with nothing else, just you… warm and happy inside, nothing but smiles no matter the case. What a journey it has become. One minute you’re in your own story, next you’re with you in the peace you fought to have, even if it were a dream. Deep down that’s what you call a dream come true. Let the emotions fly, hug like it was your last day and cry out the pain since you know YOU! We’re the ones who relate to you automatically. An angel looking for an angel, or a blessing looking for a blessing and peace meeting peace for once. We don’t know what’s next so you let the void speak for itself. “Continue the journey” it’s not just me anymore for now it’s more than me. Music from the beat of faith in the stars and the system around that revolves that was never before seen. Once again, dreams come true, stay true to the dream as it keeps going. The shine, the star, the colors.

PART 7

Inspiration, adjusting, realizing. Used to think alone inside the mind I like to explore and the clothes on my back said it all. Space, the galaxy, and anything that has to do with the universe. As time progressed, who would’ve thought you could actually end up in the place you always wanted to be. Space. It’s a bright feeling, so much it makes you feel like you’re the only one in the galaxy living life like Adam before he met Eve. Plus your not just on earth, your in the galaxy. And of course you’re not naked but in this astro suit to make you feel a part of time in space. Even to know there could be another you, you still should make you a better you and not always have to worry about needing another for the extra push you need to keep shining like if you was a star from the start. New adventures await, more thoughts in mind, and a light that you shall continue to follow (at least that’s what I tell myself). Back to going, non-stop, the smiles are better, the air is clear, no worries around, it’s just you for the moment and maybe even beyond. Voids have been the place of protection, the expression helps and the echoes around tell it all right back to you. You’ll know when to land again when the time is right. For now the zero gravity pays a toll on you, for me it’s very good.

PART 8

A journey along the planet, the mind starts to feel trapped in a thinking process. What’s the inspiration? What’s the influence? There’s always been a favorite artist, an artist who spoke from the mind and soul and shared it with the world that’s not around at the moment. It felt dark at first but connective, then more darker but understanding, then it continued to just grow into something that no one else has ever done before. Behind the music though was this intergalactic feeling, this feeling of outer space, feelings, emotions, emptiness. Even though it was dark at times, some of those dark times eventually turned into light. It kept giving questions, reminders and answers. Something I’ve never felt before in life until maturity became a thing. Now the reality of space outside that world became so creative in mind that it felt good to be designable and storytelling. You wonder what’s going through his mind when it comes to music and design. For myself I start with light and combine with influence. If there was no influence from that artist they call Moon Man or Man On The Moon, there would be no influence at all. There would be no journey, no melody through the travel, no dreams that would be so… so… soooo, colorful and dark at the same time.

PART 9

Warped… Asleep in space… sounds around are very different. Eyes slowly open, forgetting what the moment was before everything turned dark. Quick turn to look around… Planet, but what planet? A dream planet as it seems. It always showed a glance in dreams that went on. And the name Z. No not Z. Z… Ze… Zem… ZEMI! It sounded something like Zemi when the planet was appearing peace by peace. It’s weird though. Zemi… *sigh* Zemi was a name for my future son I never go to have. Dream never came true, yet the heart keeps it warm inside. Zoomed, drifted, gravitated to what is called planet Zemi. Quietness, but also peaceful, and peaceful yet its quiet. Difference in feeling, maybe another universe? Feels like it, just not to sure. “Time to explore.” Gliding through this rock, this mixture of pieces to a rock that desire many meanings to it like emotions. Looking up and instead of clouds it’s nebula all around (still looks like clouds) and some stars that still appear within the dark sky. “Why so far?”  thoughts thinking, mind remembering all that could be or could have been. “Let’s keep exploring.” Journeys of peace…

PART 10

Above, no clouds, no blue sky, just darkness, brightened up with stars all around. This is something I would’ve never thought to see in the years of me alive on… Well I can’t say earth but in the galaxy. Wow, that felt so good to say to myself. Now ahead is a continuous walk, nothing to walk back to. This planet still felt very different but in a good way, a peaceful way. It felt like you were stepping onto Heaven where there’s no negativity, no distractions, no dark moments, you feel alive. Ears feel a sudden sound, something out of the ordinary. Mind starts to think, the body gets embraced for whatever is ahead and eyes pay attention with peripherals all around. Heart beats, but another one is heard. Since when can a heartbeat be heard? Unless it’s the planet? Can a planet have a heart? I don’t know, continuing to walk. In the distance a bright light appears. As I get closer the brightness dims, no movement from the light. The feeling of “is this an angel?” keeps telling itself that. And closer, and closer, aaaaand closer. In hindsight, it’s sleeping but floating at the same time. The face gets more detailed in my view and then… eyes get bigger. “Is that…”

PART 11

Flashback… To a moment in time before space while being spaced out, I think back to a time being small and enjoying life but also not knowing what the future holds. Is there a forever and ever and ever and even after that? Young mind, young life, young ideas. Looking up at certain points at the stars and wondering what was up there, not just space but the universe itself. Years go by now, you’re a teenager, you experience inspiration, depression, sadness, loneliness, no love, just everything balled up into one big darkness like if you was a heartless. My mind was my space, my galaxy, my peace, even though some of the times it ended up in isolation. Certain years you’re afraid of a lot and you don’t realize till late teens. More years pass and now you’re grown, ready to work or even college. Love is on and off the table. Still never sure where it could be till this day. A little off topic yes, but keep it in mind and think to yourself, what would life be without you? How would time in space be? Space now feels like home. Let’s get back to Zemi.

PART 12

Back and confused about what’s in front of me. “Zemi”, still couldn’t believe I have a son, or at least one in a different universe. It was heartwarming to see my son look at me and tell me he loves me with the same face as mine and the same heart as mine other then the hair lol. “I love you always Zemi” “I’ll always love you to pops”, eyes watery as a powerful hug came together. Didn’t want to let go. “Before I go I want you to have this” It was my love ring, my very first ring as a teen. One last hug, one last cry, one last smile, now it was time to say “goodbye for now.”

*Slowly vanishes into the light peacefully*

Print this page