Eminem is one of my all time favorite musicians and celebrities in general. He is a massive source of inspiration to me for a few reasons. His songs can be separated into three categories: his serious songs which are intended to be motivating and thought-provoking, his silly songs which are entirely nonsensical and meant to not be taken seriously, and his personal songs which are emotional and show his sensitive side. Eminem has an alter ego named Slim Shady which is the persona he uses for all of his silly songs. This particular aspect I find intriguing because despite it still being him, it’s not; he divided the different parts of his personality to extinguish a clear difference in his material. This is something that can apply to anyone and not just a professional. We al have different sides of ourselves that are expressed differently, almost as if these personas are separate people entirely. A chunk of my sense of humor is influenced by Eminem but that’s only one side of me. Eminem once said “There’s a Slim Shady in all of us” and that’s sounds very true.

Lose Yourself, an example of a song by Eminem
FACK, an example of a song by Slim Shady
Print this page