Another person that has kind of influenced my work is Doug TenNapel. While I’m not really familiar with his other work like VeggieTales, Catscratch, or the Earthworm Jim video game series, I am more familiar with his graphic novels.

I remember when I was in fifth grade, my teacher read to the class one his books Cardboard. It was an amazing graphic novel about a single dad who makes these cardboard crafts with his son, and they come to life. As the story progresses, more of these magical cardboard art crafts come to life where at a certain point, they invade an entire neighborhood, and a rainstorm is what destroys them.

The teacher didn’t finish reading the entire book to the class however, but he did lend it to me to finish since he knew I like to draw. I can remember how fascinated I was when I read the book. There was a movie quality I got when reading the story and the illustrations looked very immersive. I then went on to reading two other books he did like Bad Island and Ghostopolis which were also amazing. My sister on the other hand was reading the Bone and Amulet series while the other kids were reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It was the early 2010s after all and a lot of kids in my middle school were reading those kinds of illustrated books.

This eventually led me to creating my own hand drawn comic book trilogy using makeshift binders. Over the years, I wasn’t really satisfied with the lore I’ve written for my comics so I’ve since been planning on wanting to try again and turning this idea of mine into an actual comic book series one day.

Mecha Stay Puft Crossovers. An idea for a comic book series I’ve been thinking about ever since I was 12.

The idea for this story I basically have is that this young human boy who is raised by aliens must protect the multiverse from demonic entities who want to destroy all reality and existence. This boy gets his powers by putting on his robot armor to fight off monsters and go an adventures throughout the multiverse. He is known as Mecha Stay Puft. It’s a work in progress.

Print this page