The research journal served as my place to write down notes as I read the class readings – writing things down on paper felt more natural and accessible.
My research project topic is about semiotics and how it is used in Character Design via silhouettes and shape language. I give a recap on semiotics and then explain shape language and the concept of silhouettes in character design and … Read More
- According to this author, what role should design play in society?
- What distinguishes the field, or fields, of design from other creative occupations?
- Why should designers concern themselves with unsolvable theoretical questions?
- What role does technology play in shaping
- According to these authors, what is missing from the art of the past?
- What role should typography, photography, and other media play in shaping a new kind of art?
- What role should language play in art and design?
- How do each of these designers/authors think you should approach design?
- Include an example of contemporary typography/layout that embodies each of these three design systems or philosophies. And explain why!
Designers Tschichold, Gerstner, and Muller-Brockman all believed that … Read More