Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity # 1: Introductions

When I read the syllabus I noticed this class is fully online. The professor will give us weekly assignments and we have to complete it on time. Other thing is grading policy. There is lots of points on participation which includes on time assignments and quality of these assignments are 30%. Also professor will post weekly class agenda on end of every Thursday for the upcoming week. Every week we have two assignments due. One assignment will be due by the end of the day every Monday and other will be due by the end of the day every Wednesday. But I’m confused about do we have any meeting and need any text book in this class?

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Sabah,

All of the readings are on the syllabus (under “Course Info.”) they are embedded as links! This should make things efficient and cost-effective for you. We will have a chance to meet online. The first opportunity is tomorrow (Wed. 9/2)– I will be sending a Zoom link at 1:45pm inviting you to drop in for a few minutes to my office hours (Wed. 2-4pm).

I will also be setting up other opportunities for us to meet online. But, yes, for the most part, this class has been designated by the college as “asynchronous”– which means that students can do the reading and assignments on their own schedule– as long as everything is completed by the deadline. I miss seeing students! So, as I said, I will be setting up a way for groups of students to meet with me via a video chat. I will do this once we start having longer assignments…