“Dinosaurs thrived until the moment asteroid hit, excavators of Controversial site clam” by Michael Price| Science Magazines

Link to website: Dinosaurs thrived until the moment asteroid hit, excavators of controversial site claim | Science | AAAS

4 extinction Thumbnails, 4 life of dinos thumbnails, 3 fossils thumbnails

I’ve made 11 thumbnails of the topic and mentions in the article. For example, they’ve mention the finding of a mother triceratops with its baby. So I’ve done a couple thumbnails with the pair.

I’ve sectioned off the thumbnails by three and each row take place in different times. The first is the extinction event currently happening. The second is about the life before the event (mentioned that dinos had a healthy life right before the event).The third row takes place in percent day and the fossils that were discovered.

Concepts

concepts 1-3

I’ve picked the best thumbnails from each row and did more detailed concept. The first concept is the pterodactyl, second is the long neck and the third is the fossil of a t rex.

Out of the three the second concept is the one I like the most. It takes place an open field and a dense forest in the distance which help fill the page. From the pass assignment I’ve learn to mostly limit myself during the thumbnail phase when it comes to detail. It left little room for flexibility or changes during the concept phase.