Utagawa Hiroshige, “Fuji Seen From The Sea At Honmaki Musashi” (Image from Google: Pinterest-Pedro Bonilla)

This art was created by Japanese Ukiyo-e artist Utagawa Hiroshige. I chose this artwork because I enjoy Ukiyo-e and arts from Japan. I think they are beautiful and I appreciate the process the artists use to make the prints. This art shows how well Hiroshige uses color theory to create his prints for viewers to admire and appreciate. You can view more of his work through this website, https://www.artic.edu/collection?artist_ids=Utagawa%20Hiroshige.

The process Hiroshige uses is traditional media, such as paint, woodblock, brushes and paper. He also uses the Color Technique called Color Harmony because of the way the colors balance each other out. The colors Hiroshige used helps guide the viewers into seeing the art in one direction to another, which is what Color Harmony is known for. When you look that the print, your eyes move from the wave, to the shore and finally to Mount Fuji. They also make the print stand out and not become dull.

I consider the Color Technique to be effective because it makes Hiroshige’s art look unique and magnificent. As mentioned before, the colors help balance out the art so people can view from one part of the print to the other. This way people can admire the different parts of the landscape and appreciate the dedication Utagawa Hiroshige put into it. I hope to learn more about Color Harmony in future, in order to become a better artist and improve my work.