After studying the Value Swatches example, I decided to create swatches of my own while using different mediums and create an abstract art. The first sketch is value swatches using ink. I wanted to test out how I can create different values while using the Sakura Pigma Micron pen #.005. The process was challenging because I had to make sure not to put too much pressure on the pen. However, I believe I had managed to create different levels of value with it. I also tried creating different textures to show the values, each one varies from lines, shapes and trees. The second sketch is value swatches with pencil. For this sketch I wanted to test out using pencils, such as Staedtler H, to create value. The process was also a challenge because similar to the ink, I had to make sure not to add too much pressure to the pencil. But the result was a success, because the sketch shows different levels of values going from extra light to extra dark. The last sketch is an abstract art using the values I have learned. I used pattern, stippling, hatching, cross-hatching, extra light and extra dark values. It was a little tricky to think of an abstract art, while also figuring out where and which values to use. But, after a lot of thinking the art came out beautiful. This was a good learning experience and I hope to practice more with values.