Professor Schoenbrun | COMD3313 OL74| FA21

Sketchbook Week 3: Artist Selfie

This sketchbook assignment was fun to do. At first, I had a hard time thinking about what kind of poses to do and what concepts to draw. Finally, I decided on poses that involved me eating dinner, running and walking. But, I replaced myself with a female wolf. The first one is a simple eating dinner pose, I kept my glasses and the clothing the same. The second one is the wolf jogging on a road with utility poles in the background, a more calming environment sketch. The last one is the wolf walking with a shoulder sling bag and drinking a cup of coffee. The sketch was created to give off a walking to work or college vibe.

I believe I did a good job with these sketches and was able to capture the poses correctly. Although, I believe the second sketch is my best one because it has a good use of a calm setting and the way the wolf looks like she’s running towards you. Overall, this assignment was a new experience for me as I learned how to use myself as a model. I think it was a fun and helpful learning experience because it will allow me to become a better artist in the future.

1. Gabriel Nunez

I like that you used the Wolf Face. It makes all your drawings very creative and the way you have each character in a different pose is awesome! Your work is amazing!