Professor Schoenbrun | COMD3313 OL74| FA21

Sketchbook Week 2

My style ten to change from time to time like anyone else. It’s constantly developing overtime even in the smallest amount. I am interested in drawing human characters. I also enjoy drawing cute anthropomorphic animals (animals with human characteristics) but most of my time in drawing goes to developing my skill to drawing people. In my early teen, I started to watch multiple of anime and that sparked my interest. There is no specific style in this medium but the type of shows I watched were a more detailed like in the cloth they wear, the hair they rocked and semi-realistic take of the human body.

So, important visual signatures for me might cheerfully characters with spiky stylized hair and Heavy clothing. In my sketchbook, first and third page are consisted of original characters in my style. I am inspired by some common stylistic elements you might find in anime such as big eyes and multiple of hair strokes (depending on the type of hair). I also try not to have stiff lines for clothing in my hand drawings. The eyes alone can show many emotions so emphasizing it can make it easier to read. I also try to stretch the mouth pass the border of the face. The second illustration is a portrait of an established character from the show called “Trigun.”

1. Marnebruckner

Your sketches are very strong! I love how you incorporate shading to enhance the characters. I def. see your stye as being influenced by anime like you mentioned! Do you hope to develop and illustrate your own cartoon show/anime show as a career path? Thanks for sharing your work! its inspiring!