Bunn Mikes “Read like a writer” gives an interesting perspective to how we as readers not just comprehend literature but ask and hopefully answer key questions that may be necessary for our future excursions into writing. Interestingly enough this essay attempts to teach college students like myself how to see their text not just at the core message of the writing but of the entente of the writer themselves, instead of just the what was it about aspect we usually have when reviewing reading assignments. For example it erges su to ask questions like who was the writing intended for was there usage of setting words intended to influence us and the formality of their writing. I find some interesting parrillas for the concepts introduced for this essay to my own “style” of writing. I have a tendency to both speak and write in a format somewhat reflecting my engineering background. This being generally formal somewhat to the point and very example heavy, offen breathlessly explaining things in detail hoping to get the greater point across, whilst sacrificing things like creativity as i find little to no use for them in my field. At least when it comes to the written portion of my job.

P.S. sorry for the one page but i only needed just a few notes.