The challenges I’m facing in “Doing School”

With the Corona virus it has been very difficult in school and in life. I’m the first child in my family to go to college is my first year in college currently in my second semester. At the begging of the semester I was supper excited as I liked my classes and my professor. The day they announced schools was going to be closed I really didn’t know how to react towards the news. But, it was necessary to keep all of us safe from the virus roaming around us. All I knew was that I had two tests the next day and I wasn’t going to be able to take them. Later on, I’ve learned that we were going to take online classes and I really did not like the idea as I had a routine to follow every single day in order for me to get to the college. My routine consisted as to waking up early in the morning from 3:50am to study and prepare my self for the classes I had in a few hours all the way to 5:40am. Then, make breakfast and prepare my bag so I can leave and catch the train at 6:57am to meet my friend at the next stop and get to the college at 7:45am. As the days go on I don’t follow my routine I’m disorganized and don’t know what to do at this point. I have no motivation to do anything I feel depressed and feel like I’m sick every single day. With the online classes I feel like I don’t take them as serious as I should as they still are part of my grade. I miss the College, I miss the train, I miss my professors, and I miss my friends. Although, I see them behind a screen is not the same feeling as when you see them in person. I miss my routines and I wish I can be the person I was before all of this happened.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for this honest post. The break in routine has really been tough for me too. I’m sorry that you don’t feel well, and I hope that you can recover some balance soon.
    Best,
    Sean