Being an instructor means that I need to be in a constant state of learning. Updating courses and keeping up with trendy content is just the beginning. Every year, our city tackles new challenges; I see an opportunity to become a better stronger teacher, in a more robust rigorous program that grows with the needs of our student body. Every course, every class has its own dynamic, and I’m sensitive to that. Just as new careers develop in fields unheard of just a few years ago, so must our program offerings. Sensitivity to a student population in flux needs to remain acute.

My recent improvement activities include:

WAC Fellowship and Certification , Spring 2023. My portfolio: Anita_Giraldo_Writing_Intensive_I_Certification_Document_Portfolio

OER Fellowship, Summer 2023. I modified and photography assignment for for online delivery. Please visit the ISO-Aperture-Shutter-Speed-Assignment

CUNY CourseDog Scheduling platform, Summer 2022. The COMD department is one of the first to fully automate their semester scheduling using the powerful CourseDog platform. The package is tied into CUNY1st and allows the department and the registrar to manage the shifting enrollment trends that have become commonplace since in-person education has returned post-pandemic.

• Participated in the Ethics Training Course (CETC ), 2023. The course which explains the ethical duties and responsibilities of public employees in New York State. Received certification.

Model Course Initiative Summer 2020. I participated in the initiative begun by Prof. Jenna Spevack to rewrite COMD 1200 Graphic Design Principles II for remote instruction.

• Kickstarter’s Crowdfunding Seminar, 2014. A 1-day seminar to ensure success in crowdfunding activities. With the experience gained, I was able to successfully raise over my goal of $10,000 for the completion of my multi-media installation, Steel Ice & Stone. My project was one of the most funded in the Conceptual Art Category at Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anitagiraldo/steel-ice-and-stone-relaunch

• Independent Study (in progress) : Meta (Facebook) Blueprint Advertising Certification Program, 2023, 2024. In the interest of directing traffic to my crowdfunding site on Kickstarter, I learned about using Facebook’s advertising tools for social media marketing in 2013. As Facebook, now known as Meta and includes other properties such as Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp, has seen their advertising policies have change to reflect the evolving social media advertising universe and all its implications. I have reviewed their new policy documents for quality advertising on their platforms that include advertiser regulations to promote a safe and accurate social media advertising environment. I am working toward certification in order to teach these practices to our students in the Project Management Course, COMD 3507.