Fall 2017 - Professor Kate Poirier

Final exam topics

1. Desmos Activity Builder – You will create a short activity for students. I’ll include some instructions below.
  2. Geogebra – This component will be similar to the Geogebra component on your midterm.
  3. Graphing calculators – I’ll ask you one of the 6 questions you considered for Project #3. Don’t forget your calculator!
  4. Research article – You will write a short essay based on your classmates’ presentations for Project #4.

Desmos Activity Builder:

1. Head to teacher.desmos.com
  2. Sign in using your usual Desmos account.
  3. From the left-hand side of the screen, select Custom.
  4. From the upper-right-hand side of the screen, select New Activity.
  5. Give your activity a name.
  6. Now you can start building your activity! Start adding different elements to your first screen.
  7. To add another screen, select Add New Screen by clicking on the green plus sign from the left-hand side of the screen.
  8. To see what the students would see, select Student Preview from the upper-right.
  9. Your work is saved automatically but to share your work you must create a class code. One way to do this is to go back to the main screen, select Custom again, and then select your activity. From that screen, select Create Class Code.

1. Kate Poirier

When you hand in the Demos Activity Builder component of your final exam, all you’ll be doing is sharing the student code with me…I’ll be looking at your “worksheet” as a student. You saw the student side of the Activity Builder on your midterm. You can always click “Student Preview” when you’re building your activity to see what it would look like to a student. If you’d like to see one of my draft worksheets (for another class) from the perspective of a student, click here:

2. Kate Poirier

I’ve taken the password off the midterm post. If anyone wants to go back to review those questions, you can see them here: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/poiriermedu2010fall2017/2017/11/07/midterm/

The Geogebra question on the final exam won’t be the same as the one on the midterm exam, but it will be similar.