For project #4, you will report on an academic journal about technology in math education.
- Choose an article from one of the journals listed below. The article should be around 10-20 pages long and should have been published between 2007 and 2017.
- Your article must be approved by me. Comment on this post with your choice; include the title and author(s) of the article, the journal name, and year of publication. Each pair must choose a different article, so make sure to check others’ posts before you claim yours. Post your claim by midnight on Tuesday, December 5.
- Submit an OpenLab post with the following:
- The title and author(s) of the article, the journal name, and year of publication.
- A 1- or 2-paragraph summary of the article.
- Details about one important point made by the article. Write this as a question with a short essay response. (The reason for writing it as a question and response is that these questions will serve as inspiration for one of your final exam questions.) Make your question and essay response as clear as possible as it will serve as a study guide for your peers.
- One discussion question about the important point from the item 3 above (or more discussion questions, if you like).
- Add the category “Project #4: Research Article” to your post.
- Prepare a 15-20 minute presentation based on your OpenLab post and prepare to lead a short discussion with the class about the important point you chose to report on above.
Due date: Thursday, December 14
Journal for Research in Mathematics Education
Educational Studies in Mathematics
Mathematics Teaching in Middle School
For the Learning of Mathematics
Research in Mathematics Education
Mathematics Education Research Journal
The Australian Mathematics Teacher
College Mathematics Journal
Journal of Mathematics Education at Teachers College
These journals may be accessed through the CityTech library. You can view them online from anywhere by following the directions here.