Hello! My name is Michelle Levy and I am from Staten Island, born and raised. I went to Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island for two years and achieved my associates degree in baking and pastry arts. The main reason I became so passionate about hospitality and the food business was my chef in high school. He encouraged me and showed me how capable I am of taking initiative and my talent in culinary and baking. From there, I started working when I was fifteen and all my jobs were in the food business. A few jobs I had over the years were, a pastry assistant at a bakery in my hometown, a pastry intern at Google NYC, and an overnight bread baker at Eataly NYC. I have a little side business called “Michelle’s Baking” (I know, so basic). From support from family and friends, I make holiday themed pastries. Some of my popular products are hot cocoa bombs, chocolate covered fruits, pretzels, etc. and cupcakes. This has definitely boosted my confidence in this field from all the support and motivation I receive. I am also currently a manager at a place called, Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I have been at this job for about two years and it is really one of the main reasons I chose to go back to school and fulfill my bachelors in hospitality. Being a manager, has not only taught me how to take initiative, but also leadership skills, problem solving skills, and how to have plenty of patience. I believe these are extremely important skills to achieve in the hospitality field. My ultimate goal is to manage and hopefully own a luxury hotel one day. I have always worked in the back of the house in all my culinary jobs and I would love to experience and hopefully achieve learning the front of the house. I hope to gain as much experience as I can and become successful at my time here at City Tech.