Hi, my name is Temia Collymore Sandiford and I’ve lived in Brooklyn, New York my whole life. My family is Barbadian (Bajan). I’m a freshman studying the major of Hospitality Management. My main focus in the industry is Baking and Pastry Arts, but also getting the experience of expanding my social life. I’ve always loved to bake from young. However, I went to high school for law at High School for Public Service: Heroes of Tomorrow. I still managed to promote my mini baking business in school. I sold cupcakes and brownies for 2 years, building my clientele. With the help of my friends, my cupcakes began to gain popularity. I seen my ability to a become a successful entrepreneur and still being able to manage school. I’m always open to new opportunities where I can gain experience. Throughout my high school years, I’ve volunteered with many programs. Managing to complete over 400 hours of service was amazing. I’ve always been the student to take the lead, the one that likes to over achieve and I rarely give up, regardless of the difficulty. My determination and leadership skills will be great in the hospitality field. I’m learning to stay positive because I really want to be successful in the field and I’m hoping that my education at City Tech succeeds.