I grew up in a very Christian oriented home, and my parents and I do not agree on the topic of dancing or alcohol use. I don’t really entertain the conversation of alcohol because I understand why they feel drinking is bad. My dad grew up with a drunk father who was very abusive so out of respect I don’t drink near them, and that conversation never really comes up since they probably think I don’t drink.

But

They really do not like dancing of any kind if its not out of a place of worship and I just don’t totally agree with that. They are against dancing so much I can’t even have a mother and son dance at my wedding this year and none of my sisters danced with our father at their wedding, and none of them allowed dancing at the wedding due to my parents not being for it. I’m the only one who will be allowing dancing at my wedding and you can say my parents are not happy. They feel dancing to music which is not gospel related will hurt my witness but in all honesty I feel it depends on what you’re dancing too. I feel if you are just enjoying yourself and celebrating with loved ones, and in this case celebrating a marriage that if we want to be honest is very religiously connected in many ways, then why is it such a big deal. This is a top in which honestly we will never agree on and at the end of the day they don’t have to like my choice but I hope they will at least honor and respect it. My whole life while living with them I didn’t attend parties, and at weddings of friends I wouldn’t dance out of respect of them, but I’m going to be starting my own family now, and I get to do what I want to do. I don’t feel bad about it or feel convicted but it sucks that they don’t even budge on how they feel.