ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02

active 4 hours ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02
English
ENG1141
Spring 2021

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Jordan Bailey, Memoir 2

Surely there are more than one instance in my life where I have felt anonymous. A time most […] See MoreJordan Bailey, Memoir 2

Jourdan Chambers, Memoir 2

For as long as I can remember, I've been playing video games. Now, while the internet can be an […] See MoreJourdan Chambers, Memoir 2

Clifton McDowell Jr | Memoir 2

Being unseen while still being able to hear everyone’s enjoyment is a sense of anonymous that I c […] See MoreClifton McDowell Jr | Memoir 2

I agree with the point on the author's intent to stay anonymous. For what reasons? What led to her […] See More

I agree when you said that even though it may seem like her life is simple it was definitely not […] See More

I agree that how open she was when writing this. Thought it may be because she is writing it […] See More

Meet My Cases

hbshbhbihbs See MoreMeet My Cases