Prompt 3

“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” Who is in your clan/network/tribe/family? Describe each member of that group of people in detail.

To me, my clan, network, tribe, and family I would say are my coworkers at my job at an after-school program. I met a few of my coworkers on July of 2019 during our orientation session. The first person I would like to describe would be Elizabeth or as the kids call her, Ms. Lizzy. Elizabeth was one of the first people I met besides from my boss and assistant boss at the time. We met each other outside the school building of the summer camp confused as where to go. Then a few minutes later, we were let inside the building and given a tour. We were given summer camp shirts and information of what to do during certain periods of the day. Since we met each other first, we were assigned a grade together which ended up being 3rd grade. We went the whole summer planning activities and making lesson plans to show our boss our future activities we had planned. As the camp came to an end, we were hired directly under my boss and up to this day we are still together working as a team. While we have had our ups and downs like all close friendships, we always bounced back and always kept planning for the future. 

My other coworker would be Mary or as the kids call her, Ms. Mary. While I don’t remember how I met her, most recently we would walk to the bus stop together and just talk about how our day went. We would also talk about family situations and future plans about college. On days that we have work, I would take the bus and meet her at a stop called Church Ave and from there we would walk to the school. For us personally, everyone knows us as the “neat freaks” simply because most recently we went to work earlier than usual and decided to give our office a new look by removing everything where it was and placing it in a more organized fashion. From all the moments we spend together I can truly say that this is a friendship that I treasure and want to keep in a long run. 

My other coworkers would be Marvin, Dimitry, and Cabrina. Marvin just recently graduated from City Tech and has been working two jobs just like myself. He comes on Wednesdays and Thursdays to help around at the job we both work together. Dimitry and I were both born on the same day, April 11 and we were “hype” when we found out. This year, I plan on surprising him with a birthday cake at our job that says, “Happy Birthday DeAndre And Dimitry”. Last but not least would be our very own dance teacher Cabrina, or as the kids call her, Ms. Cabby. I am not sure how exactly we met but I can truly say with everything we went through together at our job, I know I can go to her and vent if anything comes about. We always look out for each other and she even shows me some dance moves from time to time when we perform at our end of the year show. These are truly my clan, network, tribe, and family!