We all have disagreements, and some conflicts can hurt others. I have many battles with my family, friends, and cousin, but one person will forever disagree with me because my cousin is my cousin. We are the same age but have different opinions on things, but in the end, we were closing the argument because we don’t seem to connect. One disagreement we had was about Yemen’s education and teaching a girl about their right. Because when went back home everything was different. For example, back in then, women were well educated and demanding also forced to go to school, but now it seems as if women were just objects sitting at home, and it just passed on to this generation. I’m open-minded to my cousin because I want to teach and let the girls know basic things about their bodies, yet my cousin took in different, telling me who Am I to teach them. To say I’m angry beyond that. I was furious; how could you say that to me? We argue for days about it. There is an issue back home of young girls getting married young, and nobody seems to teach about marriage or what’s marriage. They know basic information about intimacy, but nothing else about what happened next in their life; I know many girls we shocked and not ready, even though they thought their mothers told everything about marriage life. Still, I can assure you many girls told me they knew about holding responsibilities, not intimacy.

In America, we are taught about sex, pregnancy, and puberty bit back home; the only thing is taught puberty because parents don’t allow it. These disagreements between my cousin, a female, and me, lead me to close the subject because everything I say is too feminist or too open-minded. I know I can’t change the people’s culture or tradition, but I think we should be available to knowledge. These disagreements convey to me my cousin is close-minded and hated it when I talk about something. Therefore, if someone sees my POV and her POV, someone will know who is right! Every person thinks they are right because they look at these from their view and opinion, but we have different ideas. Disagreements can either open new ways of looking at things or a way of holding to our view.