This is how I meet my best friend and I am still in touch with her.

In High School, I was attending my first English class, I had to introduce myself to the person who was sitting next to me, and I was really nervous about what to talk about, how to start the conversation or what questions should I ask, and how should I react to her answers because at that time my English speaking skills were not that good. But slowly slowly, we start to introduce ourselves, for example, my name, where I am from, our habits, and hobbies, etc. so let’s talk about her, her Name is Nahira, her first language is Arabic, she is an immigrant so am I, she’s Muslim, wear hijab.

As we communicated more, we got to know each other’s class schedules, and we both had 4-5 same classes. She doesn’t speak my language, but I can clearly understand her English accent, which was really easy for me to understand, and also she can understand my English accent; you know the English we both speak are straightforward and easy to understand, and we both speak and produced words correctly, that might be the reason for our good understanding and good communication. She was the one who boosted up my confidence in speaking confidently with others. She was the one who always supported me when I am having any trouble in high school or something that I don’t understand, and she helped me a lot in my classes too. We both graduated from high school in the same year. Besides, we both applied to the same college and studied in the same college for about two years, and we are still in touch.