I have a friend who I met a really long time ago, we’ve been best friends for a long time. Her name is Arly and we’re both the same age. We met around 2007 pre-k I would say. Obviously, I don’t have much memory of what we’ve done in our younger years but one special memory that stuck with me was when she came to my apartment and we were eating popcorn while she was using my roller skates, which was around 5th grade of 2013. It made me realize we were almost like family. She would always come over to my apartment every Monday during 5th grade. We would play with our DS and do funny videos with each other.

As we grew older we had some ups and downs like any friendship would. But nothing could completely break our friendship apart which I think makes our bond inseparable.

We started drifting apart during high school because I decided to not attend a high school near me since I wanted to meet new people. Can you blame me though? I attended the same school from pre-k to 8th grade everyone knew each other. I’m more of a reserved person who keeps things to myself so it would be great to go out of my comfort zone and meet new people, of course, we wouldn’t forget about each other. Since we did go to different schools we didn’t talk much as we used to but we were still friends. We are still really close with each other and I see her as such a great friend since we know each other’s family’s and are always there for each other when we need emotional support.

I won’t say much out of respect, but there was a really dark moment she went through and I’m glad that I was there for her when she needed someone to talk to that wasn’t from her school. All I remember was an incoming facetime call from her and we talked for an hour.

My friend is constantly supporting my decisions and gives me advice with things I need help with. I know we both can count on each other when there’s trouble or if we just need someone to talk to. She deserves to be treated like family because there isn’t anyone who is as selfless as her.