Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Meet my computer

My computer is my object because it lets me unwind. It’s one of the only objects that make me feel at home. It feels like something is missing if I don’t use it daily. From working half the day to doing homework or attending classes I end my day using my computer. I have had this computer for about two years now. It’s special because It’s the first one I’ve built. I made it for playing video games but helps with doing other tasks.

I love to play video games and my computer lets me do this all day and every day. I know most people find this bad but it turns a bad day into a good one.

My computer or computer setup is my sanctuary.

1. Jourdan

Wow, I never thought I could relate to someone more! I too play video games, and I just added some more stuff to my setup with some money I saved up. I got another monitor, a new microphone, and a new headset (it was not cheap lol).

I’ve been playing games for as long as I can remember. Whenever I’m stressed or feeling down, playing games will always help me feel better. So, here’s my question to you: what got you into video games? Was it a family member? Or did you just pick it up yourself?

• Nelson Tavarez

Yuh computers can be expensive but there are always budget options, not the best but good enough to get by. I main league of legends at the moment but play apex legends on the side. I’m trying to reach the top of the leader board for both games. My older brother showed me, league of legends when I was in middle school and I’ve been addicted to it since that day. The game is always the same in terms of the foundation but a lot of changes every year and small changes are made every month to help the game feel new are balanced for everyone. I learned everything myself in terms of computers so I could get the best without being scammed or taken advantage of. Save money going custom-built helped a lot. It’s good to hear that someone else likes playing video games as much as I do. This reply is for everyone else. it’s easier to put it in one post. thank you for the replies.

2. Moose

I like the way you describe how your computer makes you unwind and I was thinking of getting a gaming PC but I don’t know if I should get a pre-built or build one myself. What kind of games do you play ?

3. Moose

4. Moose

• Nelson Tavarez

My first two computers were prebuilt and they are overpriced due to handling fees etc. If you have the time to figure out how to build your own computers it’s not as hard as people think it is. There are a lot of websites that help you with the process even YouTubers help you with the parts that are good and help your wallet. I play a lot of games and try to hit the top 1% of most of them so my range is pretty big. I only play competitive games. My most played game has to be league of legends it’s where it all started for me.

5. Fnu Janvi

I also love using my laptop and my parents hated me when I used it a lot. do your parents also say something while you use your computer a lot? or it’s just my parents like this.

• Nelson Tavarez

I have been playing for a long time and run into my parent getting angry about my computer and playing all day. I try to not make too much noise when I play but it’s hard. My mother accepted that I love this too much to give it up. I help around the house and work so it evens out the harm I probably do lmao.

6. Jeffrey

Dual monitors are great, really helps you fill out your screen time most effectively. What made you decide to mount it on the wall/ceiling? I personally dislike the potential risk of my monitor dropping and shattering on the table, so I’ve never gone for it.

• Nelson Tavarez

It’s not mounted on the wall. I’m using a dual monitor table mount. It clamps to the back of the table for more table space. I hated using the default stands they take up way too much space and I need all I can get when I’m playing FPS games. You control the way the monitor is mounted I tighten the screws extra hard so I don’t worry about it.

7. Jason Jordan

I don’t have a gaming pc I’m on console but I can relate I love hopping on after a long day to clear my head

8. Yves

I too use my laptop everyday, especially now that the classes are online, I barely leave it alone. I play video games, I edit videos and I design 3D stuff, so I can relate how using a computer daily can be someone’s routine especially with a nice 2-monitor setup like yours.