Ana Lis Amezquita 

English 1121

November 2, 2020

Word Count: 214

Based on my Unit 2: Annotated Bibliography, the discourse community that I think would benefit from my research are adolescents and young adults that are confused and do not know why they have not sought mental professional help. I personally think that I do know a lot about the subject and that is because mental health is very important to me. Also I have done a lot of independent research on it besides this class. A concern that they might have is the cost or feeling that the confidentiality is not there which is a huge concern for most. An expectation that they might have is probably knowing some of the same barriers to not seeking help. This discourse community would benefit from this information because there is information that they need or might not know about. The best method/ genre/ media for reaching my community is a speech but at same time since my target audience is young, the best way to reach them is social media. That is because most young people have a phone and they spent most of their time on the media and they would probably stumble across my research and hopefully I could help those in need.