Part 1: As a reader, writer, and scholar, I feel I learned plenty about myself. When I was a child, I loved reading, but when reading became an assignment and not a choice I had begun to develop antipathy towards reading. Especially when there was an assignment that required some sort of reading I would find the concept abhorrent. I would despise a lot of reading because it was not reading I wished to accomplish. There have been a plethora of instances where I had enjoyed reading by my own decision, but whenever it was an assignment I despised it. But with ENG1121, the assignments that required reading had less contempt and less distaste for completing the assignments. Where when I felt there was purpose and concepts/knowledge to gain, there was less distaste and less contempt. A majority of the assignments in this class felt as if I would gain from completing the assignment, as well as having me engaged. Where in an average English class the professor would have the students read books, narrate their points of view, and become frustrated when students do not agree with the interpretation, this English class had me engaged due to a lot of the assignments being about self-reflection and self-discovery, and opinion-based assignments. Using this knowledge I can further extend myself to reading more as well as learning how to cope when disliking a particular assignment.

Part 2: At the beginning of the semester, I had trouble keeping up with the assignments as I had not gotten into the rhythm of keeping up with an asynchronous online class. From reviewing my grades, I can see that I had done poorly as a whole during the beginning of the semester. And I would like to use this general idea of the beginning of the semester and compare it to later assignments that I had kept up with. In micro activity #17, you can see that I have a general idea of what I want to write about, how to present the information, I am well researched, and it is well written. But compared to early in the semester when I had less control and was less aware of the class situation, it seems that I had “gotten my act together”. I learned the process of writing for this class and then had begun to succeed in the class in general. I feel it shows my growth as a writer because I learned what to write about, and how assignments should be written and completed, as well as practiced my research abilities and writing abilities. Any form of educational content when I am writing is when I feel I am practicing the ability. Writing more and more “Formal” assignments would serve only to benefit me as a whole.