Monday, 11/9 – Friday, 11/13

By end-of-day Monday, 11/9 the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
WRITING:
  • Optional: If you want feedback on your Micro-Activity #18, let me know via email (and send the link to your Micro-Activity so I don’t have to wander around looking for it).
    • You must either state whether you want written feedback or verbal feedback.
    • If you want written feedback, you need to have a SPECIFIC question. For example, “What will make this better?” is NOT SPECIFIC, but “Do you think my mode will work for my audience of X?” IS SPECIFIC.
    • If you want to talk about it in general, come to an office hour on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday or set up another time.
All week, you need to be working on the following:
WRITING:
  • Work on drafting your Unit 3: Multimodal Project. Obviously, your mode will lead you on how to spend your time this week. If you’re creating a PowerPoint presentation, work on design and visuals. If you’re planning on developing a TED Talk, write the script. If you’re going to present a short graphic novel, work on the pictures and text. It’s up to you and your project!
  • Remember, you must have a writing component, so be sure to set aside time for that part of your project this week.  
    • If your mode is largely visual, your writing component must be 800-1,000 words, You should do an artist statement, which explains a work, the audience its geared toward, and gives background to the artist and the piece in question. Here’s a website that has guidelines for an artist statement and shows examples.
    • If your mode is visual and text-based, your writing component must be 500-800 words. You should also consider using the guidelines for an artist statement.
    • If you mode is mostly auditory, like a TED talk or a Pod Cast, you must include a script as well as a brief explanation (similar to a  short artist statement).
    • If you’re unsure where your mode falls, talk to me about it this week! We can figure out the best writing component together.
  • Use virtual office hours to check in with me about your project.
    • Office hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1 pm.
    • If those hours don’t fit in your schedule, email me and let me know a few times that you are available to talk. We’ll work out a time. DON’T WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY AT 5 PM TO EMAIL ME.