The authors decided to depict the historical events using multimodal text rather than writing traditional novels or essays since multimodal text includes images, words, and even sounds. In the multimodal text, the audience can visualize the events and feel the tone or emotion that the characters are going through. Multimodal text can also include various other ideas regarding how they want to depict the event. For instance, the author of Maus uses animals to depict the deadliest holocaust; he characterized rats as the Jews and cats as German. He is using animals as the character in order to the power that one has over the other. Reading these novels can definitely affect the readers since it shows the cruelness and misery that the Jews had to suffer.

I have worked on multimodal projects before, I believe it was a performance for an act of Macbeth by Shakespeare. It was my first time acting and I think I did it well since I passed the course (LOL). I’m looking forward to the multimodal project and excited about doing new things, I’m just worried about my math test that is taking place today, I hope it goes well.