Chyna Vazquez 

September 29, 2020

ENG1121

Word Count: 229

• I personally enjoy writing in a genre that I pick rather than getting a prompt. Yes, I find it easier to express my thoughts in a letter because you can express your feelings to the audience better. I was even able to talk about my own experience. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez really helped me and inspired me to include feminist views upon my writing. Her speech was straightforward and powerful. 
  • A section that I struggled to write was “Gender inequality has been seen throughout history but have you ever thought of it from a sports standpoint? There are many stereotypes that build a huge controversy about the idea that women can’t play sports.” At first, I had a hard time brainstorming my introduction and I didn’t know how to start my letter. One way I was able to overcome this obstacle was by thinking of a hook in order to grab the attention of the audience. I started my letter by asking a question to my audience. 
  • If I had 24 additional hours to work on my letter, I would elaborate on the conclusion in order to emphasize my main idea. In order to further develop my letter I would also try to complete the 1,200 words.Â