• What are your thoughts on writing in the genre you chose? Did you find it easier to express your thoughts via this genre vs. traditional academic writing (such as an essay). Why or why not? Also, reflect on how the model (either the speeches by Douglass and/or A.O.C. or letter by Wollstonecraft) helped you create your piece. Douglass

I chose to write speech since it gave me a voice to fight for the problem in my DC and I believe that writing a speech strengthens the way we think and the way we want to be understood by our audience. I find it easier to express my thoughts since I was able to use various evidence regarding the problem and solutions were also easier to illustrate while writing my speech. Douglass’s speech inspired me a lot to do write speech since it was direct to an audience that is involved or perhaps not involved in my DC.

• Find a section of the Unit 1 assignment that you struggled to write. Quote it and explain what you were struggling with and steps you took to overcome the difficulty you were facing.

I struggled while I was trying to explain my evidence since the evidence was clear and understandable. I just illustrated what the evidence meant to say and how it supports my claim. For instance, I gave an evidence regrading BTS ‘s privacy being violated and how we can stop it. I think those evidences were truly clear and I just gave a little illustrating regarding the evidence to make it more comprehendible. *

•  Imagine you had 24 additional hours to work on the speech or letter, what would you do to further develop it? Why?

I believe I would try to find more evidence to support my problem but I think the problem in my DC is not massive but it occurs occasionally. So, I think that maybe writing about different discourse communities would help me to express more of my thoughts to the audiences.