Ana Lis Amezquita 

September 29, 2020

ENGLISH 1121

Word Count: 214

I am happy that I decided to write a speech. It was way easier for me to really talk to the audience and express myself more than in a letter. I could get personal because my topic was for those that can relate to the issue. I was able to talk about my pints and if I had something happened to me about what I was talking about, I could share my experience so people would feel more connected. The speech by Douglas helped me create my piece what he was talking about in his speech is really personal to him and so was my topic. 

A section of the Unit 1 assignment that you struggled to write was, “research the problem you have identified and its solutions.” This was kid of a struggle because my topic was about immigration and I did not know I would write solutions because the solutions to this is not easy. It is a process and it takes time and it is we the people that have to make a change. 

If I had an additional 24 hours to work on my speech, I think I would probably further explain some of the issues that I had addressed because I feel like I could add more information.