My name is Michalis Photiou, i am a student in computer systems and i am writing you this article to let you know why ENG1121 is important. If you are looking to improve your writing and reading skills don’t miss out the class ENG1121 especially with the professor Jessica Penner our teacher this semester. I recently came to America so my English are a bit rusty i was so anxious of taking English classes but she made the lectures understandable and easy.

For our assignments Unit2 assignment stood out for me because its something that i did not do before and its called annotated bibliography. I heard from other classmates that usually professors usually at the end of the semester they ask for a bibliography and it was true i had an other class requesting one. We made unit2 and i was prepared to do the other bibliography of my other class. Also i liked how we were able to talk about whatever subject we wanted and it wasn’t a selected one from the professor.

Now if you are writing this and we are still in lockdown and doing lessons online i would say that for me at the start it was hard. But after a 3 weeks I was able to focus in the lessons and each time i tried to do the assignments in time. The class we took was asynchronous i never took an asynchronous class either it was weird but it was the same with online learning. Some tips are never leave your assignments for the end except if you are that busy and you cant do anything else. For synchronous classes i would say to be in a place without distractions so you can hear your professor without any noises because not all professors microphones are clear for example i had a professor with a baby crying in the background so the less noises the better.

As i said in my first paragraph that it helps your writing and reading my english were rusty so this class helped me reshape my english language so i can use it so socialize with other classmate classes and even in the future i can use those skills for jobs or even to write resumes etc. Even if you are already skillful in english i would say to take the class because no one knows every language 100%