Multimodal texts have a different purpose of ways to inform the listener or the reader of a particular subject. Aydin, Spigelman and Strapi used multimodal texts in different ways to get their message out to others. They used comics, posters or screencasts to grab the audiences attention and engage them in the subject they are trying to tell. This works in a different way than a typical history essay or a traditional novel. Using multimodal texts is a creative way to keep the audience engaged and interested in the subject you are talking about. By looking at these samples it certainly has an affect on me on ways I understand, feel and react to each of the authors subjects. The images give it a visual aspect, where in many times a traditional novel or paper cannot. The images can benefit you in a way where you can understand the subject and the true concept of it.

The last time I worked on a multimodal text was back in high school. When I was taking US History I had to create a poster or a page long comic book article of an early US settler of my choice. It went pretty well as I added many pictures to my poster so it really connects to and helps the reader understand the subject through a visual aspect. I am excited to learn what other choices I have to choose from to write my multimodal text during this unit. I am more worried about making sure I have enough resources so I can put enough information so the audience can understand my multimodal text.