Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity #1Michalis Photiou

The three pieces of information from the syllabus that caught my interest was:

1.An asynchronous course

2.The professor is aviable

3.We are using OpenLab

To be honest online learning is new to me. Last semester was my first year in college I was already scared of college. Even worse after 2 months of physically attending the college we moved to online. I did not like online learning because its not the same of learning stuff in class. First, the fact that we are having an asynchronous class confuses me, but I think I will get used to it. Second all the professors are using blackboard I think I blackboard is much better than the open lab ones because all the professor use blackboard we are used to that system. Third is that professor is available 3 times a week and its going to help us if we have any problems last semester my math professor did not help me a bit when we went online. Nevertheless, I fear online teaching because I feel I don’t learn that much like the physical classes.Also i did not post earlier because i was trying to move apartments i know i am late i wanted to post it anyways. I hope we have a good semester and stay safe everyone.

1. Jean Holmi Germain

Hi Photiou,
    I agree with you, learning online causes problem, because the computer can fall down, and for some students learning online is their first experience. I wish you good luck.

2. Sumon Alam

Hey Photiou, I understand that online is a new thing for you, but all of us has to respect each others safety, and we can only hope that we can get back to college as soon as possible.

3. Rodrigo A Vega

Hello Michalis Photiou, I see that you are having some difficulty with asynchronous learning. It does not have schedule time for classes, but you can make a routine to check OpenLab from time to time to help you stay up to date with this class.

4. Estarlin

yes, I agree Michalis, online clases in not the same as physically. I think that physically clases are more easy to learn then online.

5. Mahamudul Hasan

Micro-Activity #1:
    In the three pieces caught my attention from syllabus are :
    1: Student Work
    2:Asynchronous course
    3: Course Resources -Readings
    I am a Junior student In New York City College of Technology. As far as I am taking online Asynchronous course classes I have experienced it’s been hard for lots of students. Even though it gives us flexibility to do the work whenever we want. Since Every Professor are using different Method for communication and teaching . Professors seems to use various application such as Zoom, Black Board Ultra, Microsoft Team, Open Lab as they find it convenient for Individual. But as A student we have to follow each professor’s preference. Which makes it pretty hard.

Student Work is really good feature in OpenLab. In Student work students post and comments gets stored and everyone can comment each other works and get the benefit of reading each other ideas and thought.

Course Resources -Readings: I found it really helpful for the students. Everyone can look at the reading resource that needed for the work