Prof. Jessica Penner | D420 | Fall 2023

Osamwonyi Noyiagbon, Final Reflection

Now being at the end of the fall 2023 semester and completing English 1101 I can look back now in these few 4 ~ 5 months how much i’ve grown as not only a writer but reader as well. Firstly, being able to write/type at a much faster pace as my hands are gradually becoming more in sync with the ideas that I have in my mind as the next word enters into my brain they also end up on the page. In addition due to reading so many different text this semester whether it be excerpts, poems, scripts, speeches, other peers works, and many more my reading speed has increased much more than it had been in years, of course I still struggle with more difficult text like shakespeare but some progress is definitely better than none. Apart from speed my vocabulary has also expanded by an exponential amount using words I didn’t even know the meanings to until this year and putting  in the effort to learn words and phrases which I’d usually put off educating myself due to my own ignorance I now make an effort to learn to not only gain new knowledge but to help in my future writings (Because i’m now reading like a writer). 

Standing right on the finish line now I can look back and think as to what I’ve learned various things about myself now as both a reader and writer. I learned how to read more efficiently especially from reading like a writer text, now I know whenever I’m reading a text of any type whether it be a short poem or a 10 page essay to always think as to what makes this text so interesting, is it the topic which I’m reading?, The various techniques that the author is using in their writing?, locating what I believe are the most important choices and why they stick out to me?, all of these questions I am now constantly asking myself as I read. This has made me increase my writing capabilities by an extreme amount, letting me incorporate various techniques from much more experienced writers to then advance and improve my own writing. I have also learned from various peer evaluations from others that I make many references to other things in my writing but due to the obscurity of it they usually end up being a distraction from the main point i’m attempting to make as opposed to its actual purpose of enhancing my writing, this as probed me to not give up the various reference’s I make but to instead try to make them more relatable or give the reasoning as to how it relates to my main point. 

I’ve learned various things now at the end of the semester as you should from a class which will be extremely useful for future education classes and my own personal use. I’ve learned how to improve even in my down time when I didn’t expect to be able to as simply reading can also make me better as a writer. I’ve learned the importance of organization from the openlab website which is incredibly easy to navigate, a complete contrast as to how my work was in high school. Lastly I’ve learned how to research sources and cite them after if I was ever going to write a research paper in a future class this would come in handy.

Unit 1
“It’s so anticlimactic and comical for the final crescendo which would open up me to a whole new world were those simple words, all that despair I had felt for the past 13 years at the time where all solved immediately by just that quote.”

Unit 2
“This being something which took years of suffering of always denying”

Unit 3

“a situation they are facing or one which may plague them in the future.”

1. Akmal Azizkulov

There are some grammar mistakes but other than that, all the questions have been answered.