Writing my education narrative was actually fun. I wrote my first draft using skills from past writing assignments, but when I read “Shitty First Drafts”, I really thought about how I could improve my draft using the author’s strategies. I used her idea of how she pours out her writing in her first draft. Which is what I did for my first draft, I just wrote whatever I felt was interesting towards my writing. Anne believes that for her to write anything, she needs to write horrible drafts first. I think this is a great strategy because you can improve and edit a lot more. The objective is just to keep writing, and this draft will most likely be horrible. She also adds that her first draft will be twice as long as it should be, so I used this strategy as well, I purposely made my draft very long. Then I would reread it and take out parts that I did not like, or thought were not relevant enough to my overall topic. Surprisingly I wrote a lot of irrelevant parts that had nothing to do with my topic, so I added more parts that were interesting to me, which did in fact make my writing shorter, but overall I think I’m going to continue using these tactics.