Professor Jessica Penner

Reflection #1

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech, or anything important to you.

Read other classmates’ posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Jessica Penner

My name is ljlkjl jlkj

2. Madeline Canales

Hey my name is Madeline but you can call me Maddie! My major is Accounting I will be doing this for two years. After my two years I’m already look for real estate school to start my courses. I love drawing and playing sports.

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you! Seems like you’ve got it all planned out, I hope you like your major and it all goes well for you!

• Cindy

Hi Madeline, i love drawing too hopefully we get to show our art ö

3. Cindy

My name is Cindy, majoring in Restorative Dentistry. A goal of mine at City Tech is to give in work on time. I’d also like to meet new people to ease the college experience 🙂

• Jason Birchfield

Hello, nice to meet you, Cindy. Don’t worry, by the end of this class we’ll show you how to get everything in on time!

4. Reese Carmona

Hi! My name is Reese Carmona. My major is Liberal Arts. I recently just moved from California. I moved with my family and I’m very excited to get to know new people and make new friends! I chose City Tech because my apartment is close and a perfect walk. I hope to get familiar with the City Tech life and learn my way around the campus. I’m very excited to start a new chapter in my life!

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you! I have a lot of friends in California, so I know how different it is over there. I hope you’re acclimating well; I know it can be pretty daunting.

5. Yoselyn zamora

Hey! My name is Yoselyn Zamora. My major is radiology but I might want to change it to something else since I do want to work with kids. I chose city tech because it’s a 30 min train ride and my job at petsmart is a couple blocks away so I’m very familiar with the area.

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you, Yoselyn! I have experience with changing my major, so I could definitely point you in the right direction if you need some help!

6. kamila garcia

Hi everyone! My name is Kamila Garcia and i’m majoring in Pre health science. I chose City Tech because it’s a new environment, and I cant wait to get to explore more of it! My goal is to become a neonatal nurse and I’m hoping City Tech can help me get there. Something I like doing is listening to music and am always looking for a good rec for new artists and songs to listen to 🙂

• Jason Birchfield

Hello Kamila! I’m also a resident music aficionado, I recommend listening to Brockhampton if you like hip hop. I wish you luck on your nursing journey, it’s going to be a little tough, but you’ll get through it!

• Julmide Mentor

My name is Julmide Mentor, im majoring in liberal arts but I will switch to major in nursing later on. I chose City Tech because it’s a great school, have a lot of opportunities and it’s not too far from my house. In my first semester I hope to learn how the college system works, get use to it and hopefully pass all my classes with at least B+.

• Adolfo J.

Hey Kamila, I’m also a pre-health major. hopefully we can both accomplish what we came here to do

7. Cindip

Hi! My name is Cindi and I am majoring in dental hygiene. I chose city tech because it was one of the schools that had dental hygiene, I am from the Bronx and I am open to make new friends:), I hope to learn more about city tech and to get more familiar with the environment.

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you, Cindi! You’ll get the hang of the school in no time!

8. skylar

Hello, I’m skylar! I plan on majoring in dental hygiene. A goal of mine is to maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA. I chose City Tech because it was one of the only cuny schools that have a dental hygiene program. During my first semester in City Tech I hope to improve on my time management skills.

• Cindy

Hi Skylar, that’s a real good goal I feel the same ö (i love your cat pfp)

9. Eloise Guirand

Hello! My name is Eloise and my major is Architecture. I like to make clothes and sleep. My goals as a college student are to get the architecture qualifications so that I may get my first job at my desired firm. I hope to collaborate fashion design with architecture, making it Architectural Fashion.

10. Eloise Guirand

My name is Eloise and my major is Architecture. I like to make clothes and sleep. My goals as a college student are to get the architecture qualifications so that I may get my first job at my desired firm. I hope to collaborate fashion design with architecture, making it Architectural Fashion.

• Jason Birchfield

Hello, Eloise! Your vision is interesting, I’m sure you can make it happen!

11. Lizzie Quezada

Hi! My name is Lizzie Quezada Cepin, I am majoring in Business and Technology of Fashion. I am very into fashion and love spending my free time thrifting and shopping for clothes. I find a lot of inspiration from different artists, films, shows, and old magazines. One of the reasons why I chose City Tech is because it offers a major that follows both fields I would like to get into which are Fashion and Business, plus I get to explore the nice surrounding areas around campus. One of my goals is to become more social and outspoken with others and share my passion for fashion with other peers who are in the same field as me!

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you, Lizzie! Although I don’t really know much about the Fashion and Business program at this college, I’m sure you’ll accomplish great things!

12. Adolfo J.

Hey everyone, my name is Adolfo Jeronimo. I love playing music, I can play a few instruments and I play drums in a band. I love playing soccer as well. My current goal is get through the first semester. I chose city tech because it was close by and my cousin went here. I hope to figure out how to get around the school without getting lost this semester. Also hopefully I can open up a little more.

• Jason Birchfield

It’s nice to meet you, Adolfo! I love the drums; I’ve always been keen on learning how to play. I’m sure you’ll be able to accomplish your goals!

13. Marleni Jean-Baptiste

My name is Marleni (but you can say Leni because its easier lol). My goal is to finish college because I’ll be the first in my immediate family to finish college. i chose city tech because i heard for my major it’s pretty good and that this school is a good school. I want to learn things that can help to pursue what I want to do when I grow up which is to be a cosmetologist. Family, myself, God and reaching my goals/dreams are important to me 🙂

• Jason Birchfield

It’s nice to meet you! With a little effort, your career as a cosmetologist will be in sight!

14. FerddyDuran27

Hi my name is Ferddy. My goal is to atleast get my associates degree, my major is Hospitality management. I chose City Tech because i heard it was a really good school and it was one of the only schools with my major lmaoo. The most important things to me is Family, friends and my future

• Jason Birchfield

Nice to meet you! I don’t know much about the hospitality management major, but I think you’ll do great!

15. Tibisay Liang C

Hi! My name is Tibisay but i go by Tee for short. Right now, my major is undeclared health ( nursing ) so I hope I do obtain a seat and get a bachelors for nursing hence why i chose city tech! The important things in my life are my loved ones, food and my education!

• Jason Birchfield

It’s nice to meet you Tee! I wish you luck in your nursing journey, it’s going to be a bit bumpy, but I’m sure you’ll get through it!