Prof. Jessica Penner | LC03 | Fall 2022

Welcome, Students!

Good advice!

Welcome to City Tech and CT101!

The Tweet posted above is funny (at least I found it to be funny) but it’s also excellent advice, and, in a nutshell, is what this workshop is all about. We’re going to explore the campus both physically and online, discuss our fears, hopes, and ideas, and get to know each other a bit in the process.

Please take some time to explore this OpenLab course site. Use the menu to explore the course information, activities, and help. As the course progresses, you will be contributing to the site as well.

Your Profile for this Course and Others

Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. However, make sure your teachers and classmates can make a connection to the name you use in class and that which is on the OpenLab.

For example, if my username is Dragon, it might be difficult for others to know that Jessica Penner is my actual name; however, if my username is JPenner, people can more easily figure out that the JPenner on Reflection posts were written by the Jessica Penner they know in class.

Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your face–just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.

Questions

If you have any questions, reach out to me at jpenner@citytech.cuny.edu. If you need help with the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.

1. Carolyn

Hi, my name is Carolyn. I’m 18 and a freshman. My major is undeclared pre-health but I plan on going into the nursing major. I like to read and I’m kind of shy. I committed to city tech because it’s close to home. My goal right now is to stay on top of my work and learn as much as I can and network.