Week 2 Journal – The Inebriator Cocktail Machine – Randi Sobha

I found a cocktail machine that is made using Arduino. It is a work in progress but it already is very interesting in my opinion. It basically is a machine that will make a drink for you based on what bottles you have attached to the machine. I find it ironic that I came across this because a few days ago a friend of mine made a joke saying that someone needs to make some sort of vending machine at bars eliminating the need to tip the bartender. This actually seems to have the potential to make his idea a reality. Also developed with it is a drink ring which basically lights your glass up when your drink is ready.

I like this because I can see a lot people buying it for their homes. If you want some sort of complex cocktail the machine knows the ingredients and amount of each needed to make the drink. It also can help out bars and nightclubs that are very crowded allowing patrons to get their cocktails faster. I can also envision apps where the user can place a drink order and have a waitress bring it to them. It also has great potential to be a rental piece for house parties where there is no bartender.

Here is a video of it in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WqY7fchs7H0.

2 Responses to Week 2 Journal – The Inebriator Cocktail Machine – Randi Sobha