Marckenly Montour

Greetings, I’m very excited to see all of the technology I will be learning about this semester at City Tech. I always wanted to know more about how computers interact with external devices and the countless possibilities once able to communicate with an invented device. A transfer student from QCC with an Associate degree in Sound Production, Queensborough exposed me to working with audio equipment, in and out of the studio. I familiarized myself with digital and analog mixers, Sound production software like Pro Tools, and music composing software like Sibelius. My electronic and computer classes introduced me to BASIC programming and handling circuit boards, For example the final project my last semester in electronics and circuitry class was to create a home protection alarm device using a PICAXE board. Through the use of QCC’s career services department, I was able to gain employment at several Audio/Video production and installation companies and I now currently install EXTRON devices for corporate and educational environments.

2 Responses to Marckenly Montour

1. bluestar says:

That’s really something. I think I’m more impressed with the home protection alarm than the audio equipment but as someone who’s weak with music making I know your skills must not have come easy. Could you tell me more about these “Pro” tools?

• Hey, well Pro Tools is an Audio Editing Program that allows you to manipulate frequency, volume, BPM, and the placement of sound within Time. Using Pro Tools your able to record sound from a source and add multiple recordings to the initial recording, it also provides various effects “plugins” that make it possible to alter the sound to preference. Using Pro Tools, it’s important to know the Signal flow of the equipment you’re using and its Inputs and Outputs. I’m confident if someone desired help with audio for a particular project whether it’s capturing the sound or editing the sound to a particular format, I would definitely be useful.