Journal Entry #1

Hey, I’m Justin Seda. I’ve lived in New York my whole life and if this program for Emerging Media goes well, I’ll most likely move to Florida to earn a master’s degree for it in the University of Central Florida. I have very little programming experience; I’m not really a programming type of guy. I would like to learn some sort of programming though for the sake of myself learning something new. Programs such as Photoshop, Blender and Illustrator are programs that I have strengths in. Blender would probably be my favorite program out of the ones I know because I love to do 3D modeling type things. I hope to learn how to use more advanced types of 3D modeling with programs such as Maya and others.

I have to say that I have no idea what I want to do for my Arduino project. Heck, I didn’t even know what Arduino was until after this class. If I can somehow tie in Arduino with something in 3D modeling, that would be really nice. I’m a gamer, so I love play games whenever I can. If I can somehow tie in gaming for an Arduino project, that would be beyond awesome. Only time will tell though. It is still only the first week of classes ongoing to the second week and I hope that something interesting will pop up in my head eventually. When it does, i’ll be sure to write the idea down and try to make the idea a reality.

2 Responses to Journal Entry #1

1. Marcelo says:

Hi, I am interested in learning some basic 3d modeling program. How should I start? any suggestion?
    Thanks.

• ibn4course says:

I think that you should look towards the professor and see if you can animate something in blender with an accelerometer. He would propably take you through an exciting experience that may illustrate your wants and needs with the arduino board. If possible you should research the other classes that were taught a few semesters ago so that you can see other peoples projects.