A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Is the young generation choosing money over knowledge?

Are young people not attending to college or drop out college because there are other ways to generate a lot of money without having 9 to 5 job, what are going to be the consequences in the future since not as much as people in our generation are seeking to graduate college and get a phd?

KNOW: currently there are many ways someone could generate a serious amount of money could be becoming a social media influencer, youtuber, forex trader, real estate wholesaling, etc. These are couple of ways were people are making serious amount of money, which makes most people in our generation is it really worth going in debt for college and win the same or in some instances less than people without a title, this is a question most of teenagers now ask themselves when deciding to go to college, this could be a good decision personally and would help you generate money but at the same time people need a doctor, a lawyer, physicians, scientists, etc. For us to evolve and move forward which makes me think what would be of our world since less and less people are going to college since there are many ways to make money and now in the world we currently live in for us to live a normal life we would have to generate a thousand or more a week to just survive.

WANT: I would want to know polls from high school graduates about what they decided they future is going to be, I wasn’t to know if most people decided to ditch college to pursue a hobby or something that they want to practice that would generate money or if they just want to go to straight work to generate money to start their dream business, I would want to know what are the plans of people that are going to college I want to know what are they planning after college, I would want to know if there is a lack of doctor or nurses that happened during the pandemic or shortage of doctors, I  would want to know if we are heading towards the right direction or if we are doing something wrong we are doing.

https://www.aacnnursing.org/news-information/fact-sheets/nursing-shortage

https://www.phillyvoice.com/physician-shortage-united-states-covid-19-trends/

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/shrm-industries-need-more-workers-1216

LEARNED: I learned from the articles I read that so far we are fine there is some slight shortage but is not something to worry about, the problem Is 10 years from now there would be a serious shortage of doctors if our generation dosent produce many physician as we need to satisfy our population, so far we are good but we should really take a consideration in our future if we don’t there could be a serious damage

1. Dr. Vivian Papp

Nicholas-this is a good topic! Now you need to write a research question that asks something about this situation. For example: “How will colleges need to change to adapt to the growing number of students choosing careers that don’t require a college degree?” Maybe something like that?