A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Curiosity

Something I was interested about as a kid was how there was people on the moon. I had so many questions like, how was it possible for people to be on the moon for such a long time? Where did they get their food, water? How did they sleep? How did they get there? Asking questions helped my understanding of the process of how astronauts go to the moon and are able to stay there for a long period of time. I am no longer interested in this topic as much as I was before because throughout the years in school, I was able to have my questions answered and have a better understanding about the moon. I believe that while I was in high school, I lost interest in this topic mostly because they did not teach me much about space as I would have liked to, that made me lose my interest, but I did get to have my main questions answered. On my earth science class, the teacher briefly touched on the topic of the moon, or space to that matter. I remembered learning about the phases of the moon, but that’s about it. I learned more about rocks, natural disasters, layers of the earth, and climate. I wanted to learn more about space and the moon. I became interested in the topic of immigration as I am an immigrant myself along with my family. At the moment, there is an all-time high dispute whether immigrants should be allowed in the US or not. During this time because of the president we have discrimination against immigrants is seen more and more. I believe that we as immigrants need to know our rights. I am thankful that I am a United States citizen and speak and understand English, this helps me tremendously because I can learn about our rights and help other immigrants like myself.

1. Genesis

I love how your curiosity has changed but what I liked the most is how you took the action of opening about it . That is one of the main keys when your curious ask question take action ! Do not ever think it is strange to ask ! We learn more and inform each other . By the way since you are interested about immigration it would be a cool idea to write about it !

2. Dr. Vivian Papp

Either of these ideas could be good for research. If you write about space travel, you could ask why it isn’t taught more in schools? What if you would have been a great astronaut, but your school never taught you enough about space? If you want to write about immigration rights, why not research organizations that help make sure that people know their rights? For example, organizations like the ACLU is dedicated to this: https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigrants-right. You could write about how they are adjusting to help people these days.