A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

“A talk with teachers” by James Baldwen

The excerpt of this reading was interesting but my favorite part was the ending. It is my favorite because it shows the solution to the problem that he is talking about. The problem is the misinformation that schools give about history particularly towards slaves. In the reading, he talked about if he were a teacher and he had African American students that he would teach them the truth about this country. About how the government tries to make a conspiracy to ruin their people and to defeat that conspiracy by rising above the lies and try to change the country for the better. The solution here is that he wants as many African American people to try and get rid of these notions that they are lesser solely because of their race and in time it would hopefully go away for good. This can be done in America because the people can select who they want in the government and that they also have a say in which laws get passed and which ones don’t. James also encourages the younger generation to try to solve any problem in society because they know how it feels when the country that they live in oppresses them. It is up to any citizen that wants change to make it happen and not just accept everything.

1. Dr. Vivian Papp

I agree with you, Enoel. That final paragraph is very powerful.

2. Frida Martinez

I agree with you. It’s interesting because I had the same thoughts about that final paragraph. Maybe you should talking about your curiosity regarding misinformation that schools give about history.