Source 3:

fashion 2/11/20. “Why Are Women Still Wearing These Outdated Fashion Trends?” Hooch, 4 Aug. 2020, www.hooch.net/outdated-fashion-trends-for-women/3/?safari=1.

There are many fashion trends. Some come and go. Others stick around. Such styles were popular at a point in time but that doesn’t mean they still look good. People are still rocking trends like baggy hoodies, crocs, flannels, see through shirts, hot pink lipstick, and so on. On certain occasions mix matching patterns can look good. On the other hand, loud patterns like neon colors, cheetah print and polka dots should not be mismatched. Furthermore this article explains alternatives for fashion mistakes that people might make. It also gives the origins of where the fashion trends that were stated in the article came from.

I disagree with the statement made saying “But  loud patterns such as leopard print, plaid, polka dots, or neon colors shouldn’t be mismatched.” I have seen people in this generation wear cheetah print with neon colors and they have pulled it off. As for the other trends they have made a come back or have either evolved in a way in which make them more suitable for every type of person. I agree with the statement that stated “Fashionistas in the punk scene would shave their eyebrows off and draw them back on.” As of today people still shave their eyebrows to form and draw back a new one. Drag queens even have a make up technique where they cover their natural eyebrows so they can draw on fake ones.

As for questions, I don’t have questions for the author. To better understand the article I would look up the eras in which trends first came about. By doing this it would give me some more intel on if a certain age group or just all age groups adapted to the trends. It might also give me some more insight on where these fashion trends took place. If I could say something to the author I would say that they conveyed the message of their article topic very well. As for my research topic, I have found out fashion dos and don’ts. In my perspective I think this website is a magazine or a random article. The author’s writing style is easy to understand. The text is easy on the eyes and does not have any grammatical errors either.

Overall I found out that women still wear fashion outdated trends because it fits their aesthetic. They also like how it makes them feel. Clothes can play a part in how you feel. An important quote from this article would be:”Thick eyebrows make you look younger; thin eyebrows make you look older.” This article made me think about how my research question deepened my understanding. My research topic made me realize that I can develop my paper by talking about all the fashion trends that are coming back rather than just talking about one. I think the younger generation needs to hear about this because we often just put on something or follow something. We often do not know the meaning of what we are doing or even wearing in this case.

Source 4:

Priya, Dipika. “Old Fashion Trends Are Coming Back: Old Is Gold.” Samachar Live, 4 Jan. 2020, www.samacharlive.com/old-fashion-trends-are-coming-back-old-is-gold/.

Old fashion trends are coming back in Indian Bollywood movies. This is also known as Old is Gold. Vintage style is coming back and promoted by actresses. Before the 1980s, a handful of designers existed but the late 80s and 90s witnessed growth. This resulted in an increased exposure  to global fashion and the economic rise after the economic liberation of the Indian economy.  The current fashion trends are from previous years ago and there is still a strong correlation to what was in style and what is in style. This is how retro styles came back and is still on top of the fashion industry.

I agree with what this text is saying. Fashion trends have been known to become worldwide as it states in the text “The fashion in India is not only confined within the limits of the country but a perfect touch of western culture can also be witnessed in the development and some undeveloped cities of the country, and all this has been done by Indian Film Industry- “Bollywood” only.” I agree with this quote because for their audience they may need a different type of image or bring out a different character that would make their viewers want to see and watch more. I would want to ask the author if she would be up for doing a follow up piece of writing. I would also like to tell the author that she did educate me about knowing Indian culture more than I knew before,

I came to realize that India has a very rich heritage. Their fashion is culturally diverse. I think people of Indian decent needs to know this. I think they need to know this because people who are originally from their home land often think they are just Indian when really India has a bit of western culture.  I have learned also that 60s and 70s trends like a fringe bang and the flare bell bottom pants are used in Indian Bollywood movies.