When I first read this story I have a lot of questions to ask. As the more I read I feel like my questions were answered because they would parts where you can ask a question from the beginning then will more likely be answered the more you read later on in the story. The comments from others made me also understand more about it.

In the story James Baldwin shows his signs of curiosity. He describes how where he lives is much different then were he went to visit. He describes how the place he visited was much more cleaner and better than the place he lived on. He then keeps going about how the people in this places are always cleaning the place and making look nice basically taking care of it like if they own the place and its their property. Then he mentions how his places looks compare to the other place and describes it as ghetto. He mention how it was dirty and you can see stuff like people with drugs and whore and etc. He then is curious as to why is this place more cleaner and nicer then his home town. He then argues that in order to meaningfully address the problem of racism in America students have to gain a greater consciousness and fight for equality. He talks about the different right each of them get. He then mentions that kids should also have a great consciousness. He says “All this enters the childā€™s consciousness much sooner than we as adults would like to think it does. As adults, we are easily fooled because we are so anxious to be fooled. But children are very different. Children, not yet aware that it is dangerous to look too deeply at anything, look at everything, look at each otherĀ  and draw their own conclusions”. This will show his thoughts on the topic of curiosity and consciousness. He also mentions ” They donā€™t have the vocabulary to express what they see, and we, their elders, know how to intimidate them
very easily and very soon”. I guess what he means by that is that its normal for a child to be acting this kind of way.