A passage that makes me feel curious.

In the reading the quote that says “Thus, for example, the boys and girls who were born during the era of the Third Reich, when educated to the purposes of the Third Reich, became barbarians. The paradox of education is precisely this – that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated.” makes me really curious because I never thought about how we are taught that black people were brought here to be put in the fields, farm for white people. But we really never talk about how their culture influenced today’s society, luckily I had a teacher that talked about things that black people introduced to society and now they are part of our everyday lives. I grew up in a different country and my dad always taught me to be my own person have my own thoughts, I was never exposed to this much racism because of the education system we had, we used to know about the history of the world, we knew that Europe enslaved many countries but that was about it, we talked about the cultural changes, but when I came to the United States in high school I was shown all of this situations that I was unaware of, everything always revolves around the United States, racism is like they do not move to a different page it’s like we are still in the same chapter. This sometimes makes me think that being ignorant in some fields would not be that bad, you would be living in a world where you are happy and you don’t know things that would harm you but if you go out in the light you are going to be exposed to things that you did not know, now every day when you wake up and take the bus you are going to think I am being oppressed I am less than the white people, you are not going to enjoy things the way you used to.