Summer 2021

Zainab Mann- Introduction

My name is Zainab Mann and my major is Construction Management and technology. I am from Brooklyn, NY, and reside near Manhattan Beach. My academic interests are mostly related to my major which is Construction Management and Project/Site seeing and learning.

My favorite writer is Persian, ‘Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi’. I love the spiritual touch of his work. He is known for his lyrics and for his didactic epic “Spiritual Couplets, which widely influenced mystical thought and literature throughout the world. The following picture is the tomb of RUMI located in Konya, Turkey. I visited his tomb back in September 2020.

1. Sehar Khalid

Hi Zainab, I must say I am a bit shocked at how small this world is. I actually dont live too far from Manhattan Beach. This picture above is absolutely beautiful of the Tomb, im looking forward to go to Turkey one day and explore its beauty. I hopefully wish to visit this Tomb also.

• Zainab Mann

That’s soo true. It’s a small world we live in. Glad to know we live in the same neighborhood.
      And Yes! Please do visit Turkey

2. Forhad

Hello Zainab Mann!
    Nice to meet you! My name is Forhad. My major also a CMCE. What year or semester are you currently in? Good luck with the class!

• Zainab Mann

Hi Forhad. I’m in senior year now. Nice to meet you too. And lot’s of luck for the class.

3. Mark Noonan

Welcome aboard Zainab. I admire your interest in Rumi. I believe he had some influence on Shakespeare’s own poetry. It would be interesting to see if you can find some connections between both authors after we read “Midsummer Night’s Dream”.